Monday, June 16, 2008

WE'RE DONE SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!

The boys are done school. Thank God, because when it comes to getting up in the morning, they did not inherit their waking up skills from me. When they were babies, I would dread bed time because it was always a fight, now I dread waking them up for school. When I open my eyes, I am awake and functional. My mom was the same way and so is my sister. I don't even use an alarm clock because I wake up at the same time every day. But my sons - NOOOOOOOOO. I start out with "come on babies, it is time to get up" and end with "I DON'T CARE IF YOU ONLY HAVE YOUR UNDERWEAR ON, IF YOUR BUS COMES, THAT IS WHAT YOU'RE WEARING TO SCHOOL!!" So thank God that is over for the next two and a half months.

Can I just tell you how I apparently gave birth to two smartypants. Justin got 38 excellents on his report card. Robbie got 31. Robbie got the second highest math score in his class - 96. I am 42 years old and can barely do 1st grade math. There were a couple of times I didn't understand their homework. They love school, like to read, Justin has better penmanship than my husband. I'm so proud of them. On to 2nd grade!!!!

Father's day was kind of dull. Bob had to work. He actually volunteered to work his own shift plus another shift because one of the girls he works with Grandfather died and yesterday was the Memorial Service. So being the nice man that my husband is, he volunteered to work her shift so she could go. No one else offered to even cover a couple of hours for her. God loves things like that. I'm sure he will be rewarded. So we went to church, took lunch to Bob and hung out at home. Very non exciting. Both of Bob's daughters called, so did our niece who lived with us when she was in high school and considers Bob her surrogate dad (bob's brother, heidi's dad died in a car accident in 1993 and we took her in and she lived with us for a while.) He was really missing his own dad who died a couple of years ago, so it was kind of bittersweet. The boys made adorable cards for him.

Ok, do 13 year olds have some kind of brain chip missing. My nephew spent the weekend with us. Saturday night I told him to get all of his stuff together because we need to leave for church by 9:30 a.m. and everytime one of my nieces or nephews stays with us, we end up with clothes.
BJ did you pack everything - yes. You got everything - yes. You're sure - yes. Did you put your toothbrush in - no. GRRRRR!!! So last night I'm cleaning up and what do I find???? A tee shirt, a pair of shorts, a bathing suit and a pair of jeans!!!!!!!!!

I'm so looking forward to the boys becoming teenagers.

No comments: