Thursday, June 5, 2008

Red Dye - BAD!!!!


Justin is feeling much better today. He got to stay home from school and he got to go with Daddy to his doctor's appointment. The old ladies at my husband's doctor's office just LOVE the boys, you know how old lady love is, they like to squeeze your cheeks and give you kisses. He was so proud because one old lady gave him a whole box of tissues. Hell, if I new he would get so happy over tissues, I could have saved a fortune at Christmas. Anyway, when they picked me up from work (only one car, lots of juggling of schedules) he was a little hyper. I thought he swindled the old ladies out of candy but Bob said no. WELL, let me tell you, as the day progressed he turned into a wild man. Couldn't sit still, yelling for no reason, throwing things, etc. When Justin was about 6 months old he had a cold and we gave him baby cold medicine. Noooooooo!!! We were up for two days and the pediatrician said "oh yes, it has the opposite effect on some kids." They should write that somewhere on the bottle in REALLY BIG LETTERS. Anyway, I googled his pink medicine and apparently the red dye in the medicine can make some kids hyper. GGRREEAATT - two days down EIGHT TO GO!!! This picture is one of the many faces I saw today.

2 comments:

di_namic said...

Hi Carol
Thanks for sending me your link. I was only thinking about you and the boys yesterday because I was asked to name the people I'd most enjoyed doing a swap with on the old OC. First thought was you from USA and Missy from Australia.Good to know how you're doing.

This blog entry rang bells for me as my middle boy turned into demonspawn when given anything with orange dye like fanta, icepops. Trouble is they're lured towards the stuff. We'd be unhooking him from the curtain rails for hours after kids' parties.

Will keep in touch!

Diana

Meghan said...

My sister had an allergy to coloring when she was growing up.
We called her the tasmanian devil & had to read everything.
Ugh!
I wish you luck!
LOL