Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Joys and Tribulations of 7year olds

The boys are 7. This is good because they can get their own cereal and milk, although Robbie puts everything on the floor, he can reach the counter, he just prefers to eat his breakfast off the floor. Whatever, he makes it himself, so who am I to complain. Justin says I Love You Mommy all the time, mostly to make sure I'm still in the house ( like I could get away without them finding me!!), but it is still nice to hear.

They can choose their own clothes. A good thing?? You would think so, wouldn't you. But yet, some days NO. NO NO NO. They either come out of their rooms looking like Happy the Clown or like today Justin had on sweats with a hole in the knee. We told him to go change because we were going to the mall. He changed like we asked him to. To another pair of sweats with holes in the knee. "Mom, I did change like you told me too, these are blue. The other ones were gray." Sorry, my mistake.

Also, apparently if you WRITE the words I hate you, it does not have the same impact, nor does it earn the same punishment as it would if you said those words. If Robbie is mad at you, he won't say I hate you, he'll write it. I wouldn't take him to Burger King (he wanted one of those stupid plastic ipod dogs) so he wrote on his leapster "I hate mommy". That was bad enough, then he had to keep poking me with it to make sure I saw it. Bob did something to tick the kid off and he wrote I hate Daddy on a piece of paper and taped it to his bedroom door. Bob takes offense at this. I take it as one less person who will be talking to me while I am trying to do something. Glass half full /glass half empty.

Some days I wish the glass was either half full or half empty of a nice chocolate martini!!!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Chocolate martini???
I'm in!
You & I were are simpatico!
Hee hee