Thursday, July 17, 2008

Free Cake - I'm there!!!

Bob and I had to go to the Social Security lawyer in Cherry Hill yesterday. He has his hearing coming up to be approved for Social Security Disability on August 6, so everyone cross your fingers he is approved and can begin collecting Social Security. He has pins and rods and plates in his neck and back.

ANYWAY, we stopped on the way home for lunch/dinner at the Star View Diner in Somerdale. Let me tell you, YUMMY!! I had french onion soup which was delicious and a chicken salad club sandwich which came with fries. The sandwich was delish and the fries where perfect. I will pick through a whole dish to pick out the extra crispy ones and then I don't want the other ones (no comments from my sister!!). They were all crispy and good.

So we're full and ready for the check and the waitress comes over with a piece of white cake with coconut icing and a piece of chocolate cake with a chocolate ganache icing. She says these are for you on the house!!! My three favorite words. They were getting ready to put out the new cakes and needed to move the less fresh, still perfectly delicious cakes out of the display.

Well, I like to help out where I can, so I forced myself to eat the free piece of cake.

Aren't I noble.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Free cake is always great!

jennb33 said...

Good luck with SS!
And congrats on the cake! I'm not too much of a sweet tooth but I would definitely love to nibble on that yumminess you described!