Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Thing that embarras the 7 year olds




Apparently we have moved into the "Mom, you're embarrassing me" stage. I am not allowed to kiss Justin in public anymore. Good Lord, you would think I laid a big smacky smooch on him right in the middle of his class. (Which, I would just like to veryify, I did not) I did however kiss him on the cheek in church one day and for that loving mommie gesture I was rewarded with the rolling of the eyes and the huffing and puffing of the cheeks. We now have a secret 007 move so that I can give him a kiss and no one will know.




We are not allowed to speak of Robby's (yes, we are back to spelling it with a y) girlfriend Jacqueline. He told me that she said I love you Robby the other day. I mentioned it to my friend Dawn (who knew the boy with the bat hearing was in range) "MMMMMOOOOOOMMMM, that was so humiliating!!!!! Humiliating??? Where in your 7 year old world do you use the word humiliating. Again, the rolling of the eyes and the huffing and puffing of the cheeks.




Also, just as a side note, do not take your kids to school in yellow jammie pants, a hideously ugly sweat shirt AND an orange Miami Dolphins Santa hat. If you do wear that fine ensamble, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT get out of the car and walk your kid up to the school. Just so we're clear, that was NOT me. I go to work after I drop the kids at school, so I never look like that, but I did see a mom in the car pool lane today with just that outfit on and a poor little kid who looked like his eyes were about to bug out of his head.




Childhood is hard enough, lets not freak the kids out before they're 8.




My kids do not want ME to embarras THEM, but they have no problem parading around the Philadelphia Spectrum looking like they both ate Smurfs.




Mommiehood is a tough job (that is why daddies don't do it :*)

1 comment:

di_namic said...

Love the pics - though it reminds me of the day when I bit through a biro pen and it was FIVE days before the blue came of my teeth.

Hockey pics also cool and an education for this Brit - though we do have Junior Roller hockey, which is a pretty vicious game - marginally more relaxing if you child hasn't had expensive orthodontics. LOL

I don't know what to say about the embarrassment bit. The start of a an interesting selection of 'Oh Moms', I'm afraid. Add to this for future reference.... Moms singing in public; Dads dancing; any form of affection shown outside the house; listening to 'their' music (They play it - It's cool. You play it - You're a saddo.); turning up to any school function wearing a hat - though that could just be a Brit hang up......

Just remember they love you!