Monday, December 15, 2008

How Cool is This!!

This was sooooooo cool. Last night Jake's hockey team, Mainland Ice Hockey Club, got to play a game at the Spectrum after a Philadelphia Phantoms Game. That is Jake right there, #38. Thank God he can't hear the way I scream when he is on the ice, he would think I was nuts. It was so cool, especially since they will be knocking down the Spectrum soon. Back in the old days (BK - before kids) Bob and I went to a few Flyers Games there. How many people can say that their nephew played on the same ice that the Philadelphia Flyers and Phantoms played on. Jake was chomping at the bit waiting to jump out on that ice. No penalties for #38, thank goodness. He is not afraid to hit or take a hit. A little scary for his mom and his Punkin, but we manage. He does not back down either. Which can be a good or bad thing, since in this league a fight would mean a 6 game suspension.


This one they were getting ready for a face off (don't I sound so hockey knowledgeable - actually I love hockey) They look so NHLish!!


This was the final score - not to brag or anything. I actually did feel sorry for the other team after a while (except not for #29, he kept going after Jake. We were about to let the twins loose on him. Jake has twin sisters as well as the boys, so that #29 wouldn't have had a chance).

This is one tired hockey kid. He texted me on my way home "Thanks for coming." Honey, I wouldn't have missed this!!!



No comments: