Thursday, December 11, 2008

It Has Been A Long Two Months

It has been a long two months at the Nelson house. We have had some really hard times. Bob finally got approved for Social Security. Yay, you would think right?? Well here we are almost two months later with still no benefits and no checks. We ended up having to move out of the house we were renting and we are now staying with Bob's sister. It has been an awful two months, but hopefully, after a painful, 6 hour stay at the Social Security office on Friday, the Social Security should kick in mid January.

As for Christmas, the word is COZY. Not small, not sparse, cozy. My sons have never had overly extravagent and expensive christmases, so we will make this one, cozy and fun. Justin told me "I only want two things anyway Mom". They have been amazing through this whole ordeal. I have been blessed with extraordinary kids.

So, since Disney is giving a free ticked on your birthday in 2009, we are finally taking the boys to Disney World in February. Helps that our birthdays are all within three days, we will have a nice vacation, partially thanks to Disney World.

I promise to post more, like I said, ugly two months - I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.

5 Things I am grateful for:

1. My husband and my sons.
2. Family taking care of us when we desparately needed it.
3. The whole reason for this season.
4. Christmas Music.
5. Knowing that God will always take care of us.

No comments: