Friday, September 5, 2008

The Day Every Mother Dreams Of


BACK TO SCHOOL!!!!! Today was the day. The boys started second grade today. Justin was so excited last night, he kept running to check the clock to see if it was time for him to go to bed so that he could go to school today. Robbie tried on his whole outfit, his sneakers, backpack and lunch box before he went to bed. The were so excited this morning, they jumped up when I called them and were ready to go half an hour early.
When we got to school, there were so many kids. Hess School has grades 2-5 so there where a lot more kids than they were used to at Shaner. Justin has three boys in his class that he knows from Shaner, he got a little teary (so did daddy that his little buddies were going back to school) but when he saw David, Conner and Carlos, he was fine. Not so much for Daddy. One of Robbie's teachers I have known since I was in kindergarten so I know he will have a great year.
As for Mommy, I'm just enjoying the quiet!!! 180 days until summer vacation - I'm doing my own quiet time countdown. I guess the first day of school means different things depending on your age.

1 comment:

Ramona said...

You have such a wonderful blog...good job. I am all over that new Meg movie...you should try and see the original at some point too...it is great...Joan Crawford plays the mean~ie cheat~in' woman...it is really good. Thank you for stopping by my little ol' blog and saying howdy. Happy fall...and happy school year!

Smiles ~ Ramona