Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy Birthday to Us

Our birthdays are all within three days. Mine is February 1, the boys are February 2 and my husband is February 4. That's it, we're done for the whole year. One fell swoop and we're finished. This year for the boys birthday party we did a bowling party. Big hit. I will so do it again next year. We had 18 kids and it was only $197. As Robbie says after he watches The Suite Life of Zack and Cody - Yay for me!!! I had budgeted $200 for their party. Hmmmm, what to do with the $3????? So many choices. The boys had a blast, they had very generous friends, they got tons of toys and...$90 in gift cards. EACH. When I was seven, I thought $9 was a fortune, I would have been like a bazillionaire if I had $90. So I told them before we went to spend their gift cards, or his credit cards (no, no, no honey, credit cards are bad) as Robbie calls them, they needed to make a plan, or we would spend the next 10 hours aimlessly roaming the aisles of Toys R Us, Target and Walmart. So far our purchases have only included our Toys R Us cards. Justin - Humongo Remote Control Hummer. Really, I swear the cat could drive it, it is so big. Robbie - A microscope/telescope combo and a baby owl Shooting Stars stuffed animal.

So the parties went well, except for Robbie announcing to his whole class that "My mom's birthday is today and she is 42" Bob and I exchanged cards and the boys got me Purple Tulips, which are my favorite flower.

So Birthday time at the Nelson house is now concluded.

No comments: